Herty Primary Beliefs
Belief 1- The purpose of schools
· To provide a safe, engaging environment that instills a love of learning.
Belief 2- The ability of students to learn
· Every child can learn when learning is meaningful.
Belief 3- The factors that determine the opportunity to learn
· Engaging experiences will increase learning to meet the student’s individual needs.
Belief 4- Role of the family and community in relation to students and in relation to schools
· Support opportunities for the community and families to be consistently involved.
Belief 5- The kind of society for which children are being prepared
· Create a community of problem solvers who are able to meet the challenges of a diverse society.
Belief 6- The focus of school activity
· The student is engaged and motivated by work that is designed by the teacher.
Belief 7- Rules, roles and relationships that should govern behaviors within schools, between schools, and the district level office, and between schools in the community
· Educators communicate with parents and community by serving as student advocates and role models.
Belief 8- The obligation of the system to employees and the role of the system in encouraging and supporting continuous improvement
· District provides a range of opportunities for professional development